Bandits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandits

bandits forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smaller Wing

Go down 
+4
cyberwceend
george
Attila
TheNorthenMan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheNorthenMan
members
members
TheNorthenMan

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have a few of my villages in a fairly new area, with great farms around, but also good potential players.

Have you guys ever thinking of doing like a "academy wing" where we can recruit potentially good players, but with a low population and see how they go. Provide them with some protection and weed out the farms out?

Just thinking....

That really hurt my head... !!! lol!

TNM
Back to top Go down
Attila
Admin
Admin
Attila

Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2006-12-29

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 8:51 pm

careful with all that thinking.. never know what's gonna get out of a head.. lol

i think it might be a good idea, as long as we don't have to protect them. the academy could be there to find out who is able to defend and who is not. only those who survive the academy without our help should be allowed into the former wings..

also, don't forget that every server has an end.. even if we still don't know when it's gonna happen, we have to think about being big.. not to make small people to grow, if we can make big people to get even bigger..

just my two cents.. Smile

(hey! first time i use this expression! lol)
Back to top Go down
TheNorthenMan
members
members
TheNorthenMan

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 8:56 pm

Yeah,

Those are really good point I didn't consider when I wrote this. I see what you mean instead or spreading too thin we should concentrate or growing ourselves..

I see that someone else uses the my two sents... good for you.!!
Back to top Go down
george
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2006-12-28

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 8:58 pm

and something else, if the server ends only the top 10 alliances will be named and will get the respect. so i`m thinking of making one alliance with only the top players of us... so something like a min pop of 6500 orsomething like that so we can get in the top 10...
Back to top Go down
https://bandits.niceboard.com
TheNorthenMan
members
members
TheNorthenMan

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 9:05 pm

That sound good too, I am not there yet to 6500 Rolling Eyes

But great idea.

Top 10 here we come.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Attila
Admin
Admin
Attila

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 9:05 pm

hey.. not a bad idea.. could work.. the only bad thing would be that those players are not all in the same area.. so in need, they cannot necessarly help each other fast.. but we all know they are good players if they got so big. so i think they could find the way to protect each other even if far.. also, the other wings would still be there for them..
Back to top Go down
TheNorthenMan
members
members
TheNorthenMan

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 9:14 pm

Yeah,

That can be the elite squad, but keep all the other wings as support. Then at the end we can get the credit for a team effort.
Back to top Go down
george
Admin
Admin

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 9:20 pm

yes, and the communication goes always true the forum or igm.... as example: i do a lot with attila and enigman... they are in banditsc and i`m in bandits tm so i dont see the problem...

btw.. then its time for everyone to grow a lot fast... take villages and grow some more... lol
Back to top Go down
cyberwceend
members
members

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 9:52 pm

But wouldn't your idea weaken the other wings of bandits?
If our allies see this they'll probably take away their alliance with the weakened wings.
And it wouldn't exactely solve the problem that there is too little room in banditsr to recruit new players.
Back to top Go down
TheNorthenMan
members
members
TheNorthenMan

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 10:03 pm

If we want to grow, we may want to set deadlines and all agree upon them. I know my villages hasn't grew too muhc lately, because of rebuild my main army cost a pile and raiding is the key here.

But I am now back on track.
Back to top Go down
Zelen
members
members

Number of posts : 27

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 10:06 pm

It has its benefits but I think what you are thinking about doing is "sacrificing" all bandits for 1 super-bandits. Even IF the communication stays this way and IS good. The weakened wings WILL be targeted more often and who knows, maybe wiped. Maybe our allies will loose the respect they currently have and turn against us...
So i agree with cyber, tbh

Here's my expression :
*Fighting for peace, is like fucking for virginity* XD
Back to top Go down
Attila
Admin
Admin
Attila

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 10:42 pm

true..

btw.. i love your phrase Very Happy

i think i'm gonna add it to my favorites lol
Back to top Go down
TheNorthenMan
members
members
TheNorthenMan

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 11:11 pm

Now that I read all the topics, I see that it make sense to keep and even number large players in each wings, it might water down the ranking, but it does keep at bay the attackers.

Make sense.

Here one of my special phrases:
"Don't let fear and common sense stop you!" (I used it a lot at work) !!
Back to top Go down
bojem3
members
members

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 12:31 am

i'm with you, george (: i don't have the pop at 6500 as you can see, but if i can help...
i also think that a lost of people are in the alliance but aren't being rentable, this is, they are growning slower than a lot of weaker players.
Back to top Go down
cyberwceend
members
members

Number of posts : 232

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 12:45 am

I'm not against setting goals, I'm just against dividing the alliance between the "stronger" players and the "weaker" players.
Maybe in stead of making a new wing, we just have to set goals (something like everyone gains 800 population in a week or so), the ones who don't make get kicked out of the alliance thus solving the problem of too many slow growing players.

Just a suggestion or like you guys like to say:
just my two cents... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thistle
Alliance leaders
Alliance leaders

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-01-14

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 1:29 am

Im for keeping the 3 wings the way they are...as for the banditsR we are fairly well packed in and are growing slowly. The way to grow our wing faster is to instisute growth requirements. Some of our smaller members, though they may be loyal, are not growing well. It makes for some difficult decisions when I have larger players wanting into the bandits. I try to send the quality prospects to the other wings when they have room and we dont
Back to top Go down
TheNorthenMan
members
members
TheNorthenMan

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 1:40 am

Some of the growth could be small for some players if they go through a rough time lots of attacks or build a large amount of troops.

Some where we should account "if requirement" that a growth in troops count toward the goal.

That might keep a well balanced alliance.
Back to top Go down
RodneyPaint
members
members

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-02-06

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 8:32 am

I agree that troops are necessary too.. we are not playing sim city.

Also, we have already seen that Smaller wings don't get all the respect that the main does... but as we have begun to grow so has the respect...
Back to top Go down
george
Admin
Admin

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 6:16 pm

okay i`ll agree with all you guys, but everyone need to grow, and not only in pop but also in army.. and i think its a good thing if we make a grow plan every week... and everyone will be big if you want... i almost got 600 pop in 3 days orso, and i almost dont raid. my army is full in almost every village so this is what other players should do too.. and maybe if the stronger players help the smallers ones with tips and helping them with making his villages stronger.... and this way we should arrive in the top 25 soon....
Back to top Go down
Attila
Admin
Admin
Attila

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 9:11 pm

yes. we had a growth objective every week in another alliance, and it really helped the people to have an idea of the other's growth.

also, you can play the little game i play: open your alliance's page every time you log in, and try to get bigger than the guy right above you. always make sure you don't just build to build. all the buildings you upgrade should be only useful buildings. for example, if your village still has 160 pop, don't build a town hall, i's gonna be useless for weeks.

you can also give a certain vocation to each of your villages. ex: you have 5 villages all in the same square? make one build defensive infantry, one build cavalry, one build catas and rams, one build a hell lot of resources (there you can make a trade office and all the trading can be done there, and then sent to the other villages) and the last can be reserved to whatever else, you understand the pattern. when they are specialized, the villages are stronger in what they do because you concentrate your resources and upgrades in only one thing, so this thing gets upgraded a lot..

this only works when you have a lot of villages, and if they are close to each other.. but there are a lot of different strategies, depending if you play gauls or teutons, if you prefer to farm or to make your villages self-sufficient, if you want to conquer or to settle, etc..

among our members, i know that we have a lot of different strategies that work well, others that are less efficient, but i know you can always learn something from the other members strategies (even if it's by not applying them lol)
Back to top Go down
george
Admin
Admin

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:37 pm

yes, nice speach attila...

also you can build troops only in your main and send them as reenforcements to another other village close by where you dont have troops. in this way you can build a massive army of 20.000 men if you have enough villages....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smaller Wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smaller Wing   Smaller Wing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smaller Wing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bandits :: Diplomacy (private) :: ideas section-
Jump to: